Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Pinnacle, Scary and So Fun

No doubt this line is one of the best of my life. I have been eyeing it for a while however its a tough one to get on because it constantly slides or gets melted off. The day I decided to ski it the snow was deep and blower. None the less some rocks got me on my last turn and what was just a big line turned into a crazy fast improvisation creating my first lincoln loop off a cliff. You can see my track on the left of the Pinnacle it comes out through the trees at the bottom of the cliff.


I was coming in fast riding the tails to try and avoid the shallow rocks on the break over.
None the less cranking on my last turn I couldn't help but get white roomed. That same moment my upper ski clipped the rock.

Here you can imagine I was running out of options. I was pretty much looking at the cliff, thinking, I don't want to roll down those rocks, then the trees, shit, I cant hit those trees.
So I popped off my downhill ski and flowed with it.


Yep I just flipped right out of danger right back to my feet.
Before I knew it I was zooming out of my bomb hole through a narrow gap in the trees into more pow turns.
Its moments like these that make me love skiing. Living life on the edge, creating unforgettable experiences, and being forced to act with mere milliseconds of time to make a decision.


1 comment:

Miles said...

I'm so fucking pumped up right now!! keep killing it, Brook